The BOC is accepting resumes for the part time position of Volunteer Coordinator.
POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Part Time Non-Exempt – 32 hours max per week
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Volunteers, staff, community organizations, and area churches.
Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for assessing and meeting the organization’s needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator will ensure that the interests of volunteers are served and that the BOC remains well staffed. Volunteer coordinator must also adhere to the values of the BOC and convey its purpose to others.
- Coordinate and schedule volunteers to support daily operations or organize single events.
- Responsible for volunteer database, schedules, training and all volunteer communication.
- Actively recruit volunteers for the BOC through reaching out to established volunteers or seek new help using various marketing tools, including volunteer databases, email letters, and outreach events.
- Works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
- Creates new volunteer opportunities to meet the needs of the center and the new volunteers and/or groups.
- Must be outgoing and communicate effectively across all demographics.
- Conduct interviews to determine the roles that volunteers will take.
- Must match interested volunteers with an opportunity that suits their skill set and serves the BOC.
- Lead on-the-job training or conduct information sessions on a quarterly basis.
- Must ensure that individual volunteers feel comfortable with their placements and fully understand their responsibilities.
- Responsible for volunteer correspondence through informative emails, newsletters and postings to keep volunteers abreast of BOC activities.
- Responsible for point of contact for special activities involving large groups of volunteers outside of normal business operation.
- Maintains BOC Volunteer Handbook.
- Maintains all BOC Volunteer documents.
- Creates monthly volunteer reports and as needed by the Executive Director.
- Must be willing to work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and/or daily to complete job responsibilities.
- Operating hours for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are 8 am until 4:45 pm.
- Additional hours (nights and weekends) and changes in work schedule may be required during busy seasons.
- Be available to drive BOC truck and assist in pick-up for donations from schools, organizations, etc. as directed by Executive Director.
- Assist with special programs throughout the year.
- Substitute, as needed, if volunteers cannot be located.
- This position will work in an office environment and may work in close quarters with other staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to moderate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must have strong communication, organization, and management skills.
- Experience in related position
- Knowledge of Microsoft based programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Must have vision and auditory abilities to operate equipment and company vehicle.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time are not required, but may be expected to complete job responsibilities.
- Must be able to carry or lift 25 pounds.
- The need to bend, stoop or kneel is minimal.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Drug Free / Smoke Free workplace.